Open Your Heart and Your Home
At FCPGA, we care for cats and kittens through a network of foster homes until they’re adopted. Our foster families play a critical role in the adoption process as they prepare the rescued cats for their forever homes.
Throughout the fostering process, we take care of all medical needs, i.e. medications, vaccines, spay/neuter surgeries, etc. Our foster families provide daily care (food, cat litter, etc.), socialization, and lots of love.
We typically find forever homes for our foster cats within 3-5 weeks. There are, however, some situations that require a longer foster period, for example:
- Cats rescued from an abusive/neglectful situation
- Pregnant moms, moms with newborns, and orphaned kittens
- Senior cats in their golden years
- Cats requiring medication or rest from a surgery/procedure
- Special needs cats with physical disabilities
Sign Me Up!
If you’re a cat person who meets the criteria listed below, complete the Foster Application at the bottom of this page. Someone will be in touch with the next steps.
Requirements for Fosters
- Live in the Cumming/Dawsonville area
- Over 18 years of age
- Have space for cats or kittens in your home
- Available to transport fosters to/from check-ups and adoption events*
- Open to a friendly home visit/inspection
- Have lots of love to give
- Pet Vet on Martin Road in Cumming
- Hemlock Animal Hospital on Maxwell Lane in Dahlonega
- North Forsyth Animal Hospital on Rowe Lane in Cumming
Thank you for your interest in fostering rescued cats. We promise it will be an amazing, rewarding experience!
Please complete and submit the information below. We will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.